Master of Theology
The Master of Theology (Th.M.) degree is a postgraduate, pre-doctoral program which prepares students for further studies. The program is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in a foreign language, thesis research, and writing.
Prerequisite to program:
- A Master of Arts Degree, a Master of Divinity Degree or equivalent
- A 3.5 grade point average for all previous theological coursework
Electives (15 credits total)
- Coursework from the student's area of research interest and need.
Research Seminar (3 credits total)
- The research seminar is designed to direct and guide students in advanced theological research in preparation for writing a thesis. Students will be engaged in dialogue and critiques of each other's work in order to enhance understanding of theological research and writing.
Thesis (6 credits total)
- Foreign language sources and quotations from at least one foreign language must be used in the thesis.
Foreign Language Reading Proficiency
- The student must have a reading proficiency in a foreign language - modern or classical, any language with substantial theological literature. Language reading proficiency must be demonstrated by the end of the program.